Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I am blessed (or spoiled)

It has been a weekend of friendship, family, and caring.

Friday evening I went and watched the Wolf's niece compete in the Sears Drama Festival for Secondary School students. Their "team" was in both the "student written" and "professionally written" categories. I was truly impressed by the talent of the students; both in their acting and staging of the plays, and in the depth of insight into the realities of their own lives shown by the writing in the student written play, and the choice of material for the professionally written play entry.

The Wolf's sister in law was prying a bit, trying to get me to tell her some things that I really don't think she needs to know. It left little cracks in my armour, and during what started as a "casual" conversation Saturday morning between TW and I, the wall came down and I let out some things that had been festering, things the Wolf had done the last time he was home on leave, that I hadn't admitted to anyone else. There were tears, comfort, and healing.

Saturday evening I was out at a banquet with some work collegues who have also became friends. They know the story of the last few months, and were caring and gentle while assuring that I had fun too, and felt included. They are genuinely good people, and I enjoyed my evening.

Today, the weather here is dull and grey, and I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. I was chatting with Sebastian on web-cam, and said that on days like this I really missed having someone to just lay on the sofa with and snuggle, and watch movies. We chatted a little more, then he sent me a web link to a site with some amazing photos and videos, and we spent the next hour and a half or so looking at photos and watching videos "together".

I am truly blessed to have so many friends, so many positive influences, and so many caring people in my life, both the ones mentiones above and others. That also includes all of you dear people who come and leave me comments, and who share your lives with me through your own blogs.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what it would be like to have friends. Outside the blogging and FB world that is. Cuddle and cultivate those you have. You are indeed a luck woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, hon - glad you had such a nice weekend, it sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. many hugs to you dear friend!
    when are you going to pay Ducky a visit, eh?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca