Of course, while I was there, I bought myself a little something too! (Ya I know, so much for my lent sacrifice ...)
So this is my new necklace I just made; the centre piece is Banded Agate, and the beads are Botswana Agate:
The next one is on a purchased woven silk band; the stone is a polished cabachon of Jasper (I think). Jasper is associated with compassion, completion, relaxation and contentment.
The last necklace for tonight; this one is crystal, with a simple silver celtic trillium pendant. After I was finnished, I thought I might have been channelling my great-grandma when I made it, it kind of reminds me of her.
Finally, the thing that started it all: when the Wolf and I became a couple, I "stole" a couple of his boot bands and started wearing them as a bracelet. I have worn them ever since (not the same ones, silly, they don't last that long!) I started with olive, and switched to tan when he did. The string of beads on the far left of the photo are rhyolite; not only did they match the olive boot bands well, they are said to moderate emotion, help with working toward goals, and ease lonliness. The middle band, created when the tans went on, is a mix of rhyolite and tiger jasper.
Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the first one!!!
So...everytime you take a necklace off you are acutually getting your rocks off.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! Nice work :)
ReplyDeleteLove the agate and the jasper pieces!! Do you glue your bails on?? If so what kind of glue?
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to branch into wire working some glass pendants, my poor fingers are confused with the little details *Lol. You've inspired me to post some pics so I'm off to grab the camera :).