Crow reminds us to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity, to create our own standards, whether or not they match those of the world around us...It is said that in the courtship process the male crow's voice takes on a singing quality. This tells us what the basis of sacred law is. There is one unfailing principle by which we can test our principles, that of unconditional love.
Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Spring Cleaning ~ from The Domestic Witch
I am hereby declaring in public my intention to clean up my life, and my house, along with Julie. I will be keeping you posted on how it goes.
I think it is high time I got into the corners of my life and dusted out some cobwebs, and checked the expiry dates on some of my beliefs and habits.
There may even be a few security blankets that should finally be tossed out.
Edited to add, from Canadian Soldier's Wife's comment below: this site has a similar Heart & Home Spring Cleaning Challenge, from a Christian Faith base. I will be using both, and doing what works for me. (Also, some of her book give-aways during this challenge will be going on the "must read" list!)
3 comments:
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca
Love the part about checking the "expiry dates on some of my beliefs and habits". Very well put and I actually believe I've gone through that process to a certain extent myself, particularly in the past 2 years. If we keep learning and growing in this life it makes sense that we must jettison certain aspects of our lives that are no longer healthy or useful. The experience has been very rewarding....It was well worth the effort let me assure you and I wish you the very best in your ongoing endeavor.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to clear out the cobwebs from my belfry for years. But what would I do with all the clean space? Fill it up again. I know. Cup half empty time.
ReplyDeleteNice plan - and good timing :)
ReplyDeleteI have been doing something sort of similar... different belief set and basis, but the same goal... a clean house and the same reflected on your inside/spiritual life.
http://www.proverbs31sisters.org/group/p31springcleanchallenge2010