"I'll leave here in the morning
Slip away without a warning
Save a handclasp from the one
Who knows the call that leads me on
From the city's clang and clatter
Where a man the less won't matter
And no one here will think of me
Or care that I am gone"
Archie Fisher, Borderlands
I missed my hermitage this year. And I think if has affected me more than I thought.
I usually manage to get away by myself for a few days at least every summer, to ground myself, reconnect with the earth, etc. Last year I went camping, not totally by myself, but at least somewhere that I could pretend not to speak the language. This year, I didn't make time for it. I think I really miss it, and that might be part of why I feel so un-grounded now, so ..... scattered.
I think I have been sub consiously addressing this by pulling away, isolating myself, hunkering down in my apartment, and ignoring my friends ... not necissarily a healthy way to compensate. Escaping into books, or into the virtual world. My mind knows I need the alone time, but I am not expressing it in a healthy way.
I have been considering my options. I have medical issues that make winter camping not a good idea, and cities are out since I need that nature/earth connection. I have thought of hopping a plane to a warmer clime, but most warmer climes aren't safe for a woman alone, and I need to be alone for this. Renting a cabin somewhere might be an option, since I can go out hiking and "being" during the day, but still have a place to be warm at night or when my body has had enough ...
I guess its true, you don't know sometimes how much you need something until you don't have it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I have been "absent" lately. I also haven't been keeping up with all your blogs the way I like to. The IT folks at work made some changes to my laptop, and all it will do now is load the initial screen shot of most blog pages :-( . I am working on ways to resolve the issue. I hope to be back in touch soon ... maybe after I spend a while completely out of touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca