Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Red Friday

There has been some chatter lately on various sites about what "Support Our Troops" realy means.

I was talking to an RCR friend (yes, I'll admit I have RCR friends ... run little chickens, run!!!) and I asked him what he wished he had when he was last in the sandbox. He top 3 requests:
  1. Decent toothbrushes. Quote: "The good $4 ones, not the cheap 99 cents pieces of shit the DND give us". Mmmmm ... brushing your teeth with pieces of shit. Nice. So, I went and talked to a friend of mine who is married to a dentist, and they donated 3 cases of tootbrushes ("the good ones") and 3 cases of toothpaste. Support Our Troops.
  2. Nice, soft, 3 ply toliet paper. Again, I guess the stuff DND supplies is unpleasant. So again, the word went out, and the toilet paper went over. Support Our Troops.
  3. Silly String. Silly string "fuzz" is light enough to settle on trip wires and make them show up, without actually triggering them. This begs the question "Why can't the Powers That Be figure this out and supply it themselves?". Oh well, it gives those of us back here in worry-ville something constructive to do with our time. So, the legion is funding a few cases of Silly String. Support Our Troops.
For answering our questions, we made a Bailey's Cheescake for Chicken Boy Soldier Boy. Support Our Troops!

And for the record, yes, I am wearing my red shirt, and my red bra, today! Support Our Troops, and Our Families!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca