Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, January 22, 2010

Red Friday

“The art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than any other arm. The role of the average Artilleryman, for instance, is largely routine; the setting of a fuse, the locating of a gun, even the laying of it, are processes which once learned, are mechanical. The Infantryman has to use initiative and intelligence in almost every step he moves, every action he takes on the battlefield. We ought, therefore, to put or best intelligence in the infantry.”

~Unknown~





2 comments:

  1. What's so hard to explain to some..with all the high tech toys our military forces have...no war or "police action" will be won without putting grunts on the ground.
    No fancy bombs or airplanes, no fancy ships, no fancy computer program will do what the grunt can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides, how will all the officers get their medals if there aren't any grunts out there earning'em for them?

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca