Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Leaves

One of the things I have been doing for Sebastian since he has been gone is to pick leaves off maple trees and press them, and send them to him.  (Shhhh, don't tell CFIA - this is likely, technically, illegal!)  When they are away in a place that doesn't give them the rhythm of the changing seasons, it is another nice little connection to home.

I picked the first tiny, baby leaves of spring on the day he left, pressed them, and sent them in his first card.  I continued as the leaves matured and grew.  Sometimes I would press some wild flowers, or leaves of different trees, and send them.

I have picked the first leaves turning colour, and they will go off on their journey tomorrow. 

And in the incredible way that those of us in this life do, this morning I had a mini-panic attack.  What will I do when there are no more leaves on the trees??  I can't press snowflakes!  I am sure I will come up with something (I am thinking of hitting the dollar store for scrapbooking stickers of mittens and snowmen).

What little, personal rituals do you have with your loved ones to keep the connection alive, whether you get to sleep beside each other every night, or if you are seperated by many miles?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is sweet :)

    We try to send a care package or something once a week, and include things the kids have made or bits of C's homeschool work for him to see. He had collected a whole box of her drawings etc when he came home from being away for training for so long :)

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca