~~~~~~~~~
One of our legion members is a psychic. She brought in some cards yesterday, for the other bartender (my room-mate) to use. They were sitting on the bar for a while; I asked if I could use them. I spread them the way my mom taught me, called Sebastian to mind, and ran my hand back and forth above them until one called out to me. I pulled out the "soulmate" card from the deck.
The lady then suggested I pull 5 cards out. I spread the cards again, and pulled. The cards all had the general theme of moving through adversity, perserverence, discarding the negative, and surrounding yourself with only positive people.
The solitary card brought a smile to my heart. Like a hug from the powers that be. And the 5 card pull wasn't exactly telling me anything I didn't already know.
I am not entirely convinced that I believe in the power of cards to "tell my fortune". What I do whole heartedly believe is that things like that can give you a slightly different way to think about something that is concerning you, maybe tweak your thought process a bit to give you a new perspective, or some reassurance. It gives you "permission" to listen to your intuition, your inner voice, instead of your rational brain, which sometimes isn't that rational at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca