Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Symbols of suckiness

So we all, or at least most of us, have talismans that remind us of our loved ones.

Besides my ring, which I am still wearing, I have a bracelet made out of boot bands, rhyolite, and tiger jasper, which I have worn all the time since the Wolf and I started dating again.  I only take it off to change the bands when they start to break down; and I changed them from olive to tan when he actually deployed.

I also have his Afghan Mission t-shirt, which I sleep in if I am really missing him (like tonight).

If I am at home and feeling particularly sucky, I have a big pair of grey army socks I wear.  And a CH-47F (Chinook) mug I can make tea or hot chocolate in.


If I am needy and going out, I wear the silver-blue pashmina he bought me on bloc leave.  If I am particularly needy, I don't care if what else I'm wearing compliments it or not.

At work, i have my *special* tea mug he bought me, with the kanji for Love on it; and the green tea he brought me from India.

So many things that remind me of him, and give my heart a little smile, and a little tear, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca