Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Monday, November 2, 2009

mmm ... books ....

I love to read.  Which, given that my mom was a school teacher who became a librarian, may well be genetic!

I stopped at Chapters today to buy a novel to go in the Wolf's next care package, and a book for myself.  They didn't have the book I wanted for myself, but they had some others, and then the sales dude who was helping me looked at what I already had, and made another recommendation.  I left with 6 paperbacks, all of them rather weighty.

I picked up:

A Game of Thrones, George R R Martin.  I love this series, and they are making an HBO pilot of the first part of AGOT, so I thought I would buy it for the Wolf to start reading.  807 pages, and I think the smallest of the Song of Fire and Ice books.


The Summoner, Book One of the Chronicles of the Necromancer, Gail Z Martin.  I saw this one while looking for the AGOT, and it looked really interesting.  I will let you know!  637 pages



Beyond the Shadows, Shadow's Edge, and The Way Of Shadows. Books 1, 2, and 3 of The Night Angel Trilogy, by Brent Weeks. These were recommended by my brother, who usually has pretty darn good taste in books.  He is the one that go me reading the George R R Martin books.  677, 645, and 708 pages.



The Name Of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss.  This is the one that was recommended by the sales dude.  722 pages


I may not get much done this week :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca