Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, July 27, 2012

Red Friday - History fashback - the USS Barb, the sub that sank a train.

Thank you to my devastatingly handsome and unfathomably intelligent friend Coffey for making me aware of this story ...

In 1973 an Italian submarine named Enrique Tazzoli was sold for a paltry $100,000 as scrap metal.  The submarine, given to the Italian Navy in 1953 was actually an incredible veteran of World War II service with a heritage that never should have passed so unnoticed into the graveyards of the metal recyclers.  The U.S.S. Barb was a pioneer, paving the way for the first submarine launched missiles and flying a battle flag unlike that of any other ship.  In addition to the Medal of Honor ribbon at the top of the flag identifying the heroism of its captain, Commander Eugene "Lucky" Fluckey, the bottom border of the flag bore the image of a Japanese locomotive.    The U.S.S. Barb was indeed, the submarine that "SANK A TRAIN".

For the full, amazing story, please see: http://www.homeofheroes.com/profiles/profiles_fluckey.html 

All veterans, all conflicts, every day.  Tap & drink.


1 comment:

  1. You have described me to a T. As humble as I am, I am also a brilliant stud muffin. :) LYLT+

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca