Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An olive ... sprout, maybe?

I came home last night after a crappy day, opened my e-mail, and found a note from Sebastian.  The first contact since mid April.

Knock me over with a feather.

It was just a quick note, wishing me a belated happy birthday, and asking my opinion on something wildlife related.  It was, however, totally non-confrontational, and non-agressive.  Which is a big step.

I responded, he responded ... 3 e-mails back and forth each way.

Now, there was no real emotion in the exchange either.  I did tell him in my first response that I hoped he was well, but he didn't acknowledge that, so I matched his tone in further notes.

I am not reading anything into this - or at least that's what I'm telling myself - it is what it is.  I am not taking it as an olive branch, but maybe the tiniest of sprouts.  If nothing else, it is confirmation that he is still alive.  I know that may sound overly dramatic, but he is a suicide survivor (64% of suicide survivors try again), and I know his PTSD had been flaring up again.  On top of that, a well meaning acquaintance sent me an article regarding metal health issues in Canadian soldiers ... an article which referenced the large numbers of recent suicides and attempted suicides at the base when Sebastian is currently posted.  I was initially freaked out by the article, and it had been weighing on my mind somewhat.  Contact from him confirming he is alive is, honestly, reassuring, and is enough.

I have always said that him being happy and well is a top priority for me, even if that means I can't be part of his life any more; knowing he is alive takes a huge weight off my mind.

It did occur to me today that when the Wolf and I parted company, Sebastian told me to give it six months, and that the Wolf would come back begging forgiveness, realizing he had been a fool.

Its been 5 months since the initial incident which caused Sebastian to cut me out of his life.







1 comment:

  1. One day at a time. Follow your instincts, and not your hear.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca