Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On writing, and blogging ...

From the introduction to the 10th Anniversary edition of Kitchen Table Wisdom:
"I quickly discovered I am an author and not a writer.  Writers are people who are born to write.  An author, on the other hand, seems to be born to do something else and then writes a book about it.  This is a very different thing entirely."


and this, from Pioneer Woman's blog:


2. Blog often.

Whether you write a sixteen-paragraph essay about the cosmic implications of a free market system or a one-paragraph description of what happens to your soul when you walk into your godforsaken laundry room, consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing.


And watering.


If you water a plant once every two weeks, it will shrivel.


Unless that plant is a cactus, and then it would thrive.


And to tell you the truth, I really can’t figure out how a cactus fits into this analogy, so forget I brought it up.

I have a number of bloggy-friends, and they all blog for their own reasons.  My reasons have changed with time, and still vary from day to day, but the fact is I actually enjoy writing, enjoy communicating, and enjoy getting feedback on that.  Sometimes I blog to get thoughts out of my head, sometimes I blog to reach out, sometimes I blog to say something I can't, out of politeness, say to the person who has spawned the thought.

I am not sure, using the difinition in the first quote, if I am a writer or an author.  I think that also varies based on the day. 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading blogs because it's like a window into each person's world & perspective plus I can see a common, human thread that links us all. Quite a revelation from a fellow that used to feel so cut of and isolated from society and yea, even the human race. It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am neither. I don't blog because I have anything to say (other than I hate Obama) or that I feel compelled to say something. I cut and past in order to make someone smile. We all have shit in our life (and I promised almost two years ago to never talk about my shitty life again) and a little smile can help one get through it. I hope! It helps me. You just keep on writing or authoring, which ever comes up at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Spot On!

    I Blog every day and if the Meterial requires some thought it is Posted after a day or so.

    Very well put.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca