Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Love and Romance ...

See Brigid's post on "Real Men" here. (Then go read the rest of her stuff. This lady rocks!)

I got me a "real man", by her definition. But if you have yourself a "real man", ya gotta know how ta handle him, and how ta appreciate him.

OK, ditching the accent now. ;-)

Seriously, if you have the pleasure of being in the company of a rough around the edges type, you may have to re-define you definition of romance.

True love loads your magazines for you :-)

I have a real man. I highly recommend them. But get your own! The Wolf is spoken for ;-)


There is a quote I like, I can't remember it exactly, or where I heard it, but basically it says true love can only really happen when you stop believing in happy ever after. I think that is why many versions of marriage vows have that bit about "for better and worse". That "worse" part happens some days. And its not just the "poorer" and "sickness" parts of "worse" that are also mentioned in the vows.

True love is loving each other when you don't like each other very much. When he comes home off exercise smelling like he hasn't showered in a week, (cause he hasn't), and leaves his kit in a big pile in the middle of the kitchen floor.

True love is him still loving you when you are having one of those days where you need him to hold you and let you cry, even though he hates not just being able to go out and shoot whatever has upset you (and especially if it is him that upset you).

True love accepts the other as human, with real frailties, and weaknesses, and bad habits. True love can love the sinner while hating the sin.

True love can overcome distance, long separation, communication black-outs, different world views, and different backgrounds.


True love respects and forgives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca