Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I lost my "dog tags"

I lost my "dog tags".

I have (had) a dog tag, (American Style) that I got a bit before the Wolf's last deployment.  It was inscribed in script with a line from an Archie Fisher song: "There is no forever, or never again" (the song is called "Ontario Dust").  Tags are in the upper left corner of the photo; its not great, but its the only one I could find.

I am house sitting this week.  I went to my own place on Sunday and threw some clothes, and some jewelry, including the tags, into a bag for Remembrance Day service Monday.  The bag dumped in the passenger seat of my car on the trip between houses, and when I emptied it out at my temporary accommodation, the tags were not there.  I searched my car, the bag, my own house, and where I am staying - no tags.

The thought wandered across my brain, as unsolicited thoughts do, to wonder if the universe is trying to tell me it's time to really let go of the past, and let myself move on.  To not carry around the old baggage.

3 comments:

  1. I wear my dog tags everyday and have for years. They are similar to the one in the picture. Not to remind me of my past, but to remind me of those who served and are serving. I say a small quick prayer for them before I start my day. But I also believe in signs and your thoughts on letting go is a valid one. All you really have is your future. The past has made you who you are today, but you can change anyway you want in the future. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I think the fact that this is where your mind went is most telling. Follow your gut :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I found the dog tags tonight; but I'm going to try not to loose the lesson.

      Delete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca