Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, February 15, 2013

One of the guys ...

** I started writing this a week or so ago ... what a difference a week makes **

Well, it seems like my last attempt at a relationship has once more turned into friendship, with me being "one of the guys".

Of course, the fact that I dealt with my disappointment by going trap shooting this morning may indicate that I am a lost cause ... in my defense, I came home after and baked.  And turning clay disks into dust is highly therapeutic.

Pappa C and I had a great conversation last night which raised many good points to ponder, including the feminizing of men, and the fact that I don't need to be less of a "dude", I just need to find a man who is more of a man than I am - or as the now Mamma C's dad said about her, she needed to find a man with bigger balls than her.

Pappa C also held up a mirror for me, with just the proper ratio of blunt reality to "here's a straw"*.  If I don't want to be one of the guys, I need to quit getting as defensive when they treat me like a girl.  Ouch.  That would be a case of the truth hurting.

* = "here's a straw" = suck it up, for those of you who haven't been playing along at home.

~~~~~~~~~

Update #1 - The fellow training me at the new job is one of those overly feminized men.  A complete drama queen.  I am developing a twitch.

Update #2 - Maybe I'm not one of the guys.  It seems the fellow that I have been developing a "possibility" with is just fairly shy around women, by his own admission.  We finally went out on a "real" date, and had a lovely time.  I need to come up with a bloggy handle for him, since he's (hopefully) going to become a recurring character in the story ...

I really need to learn patience.

2 comments:

  1. Patience is not all that easy. But probably worthwhile. Man did I ever hate dating. Good luck with the new guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an odd circumstance, being one of "those sorts" of girls who often surpasses the abilities of the men around her. No one was more surprised than I to find a partner in someone with very traditional values, who not only "allowed" me to be a woman and express those traits, but expected it to some extent. The fact that I could finally be feminine AND strong within a relationship meant that I could take the god damn pants off and let a man wear them, for once. It was liberating.
    I hope you get to take your pants off with your man, if you catch my drift ;)

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca