(Aside - I went back and read the last few entries before I started writing tonight, and for the record, I did give Dumbass a chance to clarify what had happened, and he did, to a degree. Basically, his communication skills suck; there was more to the story than he presented, and had I had all the fact, I wouldn't have been nearly as hurt as I was. We're friends again; but I'm not pursuing anything more than that.)
About 6 moths ago, I stepped down from all the organizations I volunteer with except the Legion and the support group for families and soldiers/veterans living with PTSD and other OSI's.
I have been thinking about joining a local service group. I like what Rotary does, at least what I know of their international projects, but their meeting times totally don't work with my schedule (they meet for breakfast at 7:30, and I start work at 8:00, so .... not so useful).
A friend invited me to an information meeting about Kinettes; and when I was debating on Facebook between Kinettes and Rotary, another friend suggested Optimists. Then I spoke to someone who was involved in Lions ... Oy vey!
One of the things that concerned me about both Kinsmen/Kinettes and Lions/Lionesses is that there are separate clubs for men and women, and to be blunt - I don't tolerate groups of women well. I get along better, by and large, with men. I think this segregation by gender is a relic of previous generations. But I was willing to give it a try; I want to have information and be able to make an informed decision.
Off I went to the information meeting tonight. As I was afraid of, it was a bunch of women sitting around and behaving exactly as I would expect of the stereotype that sums up this city in which I currently find myself - judgmental exclusionary, clique-y; nattering on, all trying to be top dog (head bitch?) and generally disrespecting each other, and neighbouring cities.
Sigh.
A few of the women, like me, were sitting back not saying much; I spoke to them after and there may be some potential there. I am afraid, however, that the noisy, small minded ones will be the ones who win the day.
I think I need to find out more about Optimitsts ...
Crow reminds us to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity, to create our own standards, whether or not they match those of the world around us...It is said that in the courtship process the male crow's voice takes on a singing quality. This tells us what the basis of sacred law is. There is one unfailing principle by which we can test our principles, that of unconditional love.
Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...
It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca