Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Occupy" members claim PTSD

I spent my entire weekend at an OSISS conference, with veterans and families affected by combat PTSD, vets from WWII right on through.


Then I come home and read THIS on a friend's FaceBook page:



OCCUPIERS CLAIM PTSD SPREADING THROUGH RANKS



http://www.breitbart.com/Big- Government/2012/06/01/Occupiers-Say-They-Are-Victims-PTSD 


I am both emotionally sensitive and emotionally drained.  I am not sure I have words for what this makes me feel.


I am well aware that there are plenty of valid non-combat reasons for PTSD.  I have a couple of friends with non-combat PTSD.


I know that everyone has their own tolerance levels for abnormal situations, and their own baggage that make them more sensitive.


But a very large part of my heart and brain wants to rant an scream and tell these people to GET THE FUCK OVER THEMSELVES.  Seriously.  I think of what the vets and their families have been through.  I think of what my non-combat PTSD'er friends have been through.  And I contrast that to what the OWS crowd have voluntarily* "put themselves through" ... and it makes my heart hurt.


(*and yes, I consider being arrested/imprisoned/gassed whatever for BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW voluntarily putting yourself through stuff)  


Maybe more later.  Have stuff to do after being away all weekend and about to be away again.  If I don't make it back tonight, have a lovely week, y'all. I'll try to be less ranty next time I'm here.


Be good to yourselves.




4 comments:

  1. B-I have to say I agree. I suffer from Non-Combat PTSD...I was brutally beaten and raped repeatedly as a child. I fought back and was nearly beaten to death. Kinda felt like combat at the time. PTSD is what it is., if you truly are diagnosed with it you sure as fuck don't brag about it...I was ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: "Dipshitretardedknuckelheadassholes"

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, PTSD is not contagious. It does not spread through the ranks. And, yes, I know people who have a form from auto accidents and a child death from cancer, etc. But combat PTSD is more severe and personal and I hate people who trivialize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thom - I thought of you. Hugs.

    Dude - THAT is an awesome word!

    Coffee - seen and agreed, whole heartedly.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca