Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Monday, May 21, 2012

Never give all the heart ...


Never give all the heart
W. B. Yeats

Never give all the heart, for love
Will hardly seem worth thinking of
To passionate women if it seem
Certain, and they never dream
That it fades out from kiss to kiss;
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.
O never give the heart outright,
For they, for all smooth lips can say,
Have given their hearts up to the play.
And who could play it well enough
If deaf and dumb and blind with love?
He that made this knows all the cost,
For he gave all his heart and lost.

My friends have been giving me this advice for years, but as PS once observed "If she didn't give all her heart, she wouldn't be her"

My dear Mr Yeats, I beg to disagree with your conclusion as well.  I have given my heart, more than once, and I will continue to do so.  For while I well know the cost of giving all the heart, I fear more the cost of never giving it again.

1 comment:

  1. The saddest people are the ones who do not know what your are talking about. You have to put the heart out there to live. It can take more pain than you can ever imagine, yet it will be there for more. Just to love and be loved.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca