Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Monday, April 18, 2011

A sad goodbye ...

As some of you know, I said a tearful goodbye to little girl at 1:45 am on Friday.

She made it to almost 15 years with me, and was only "sick" for a couple of hours.  The vet figures she had a stroke around midnight, and there was nothing that could be done.

The last few days have been really hard.  She was a big part of my life, and in a couple of hard times was the only thing that got me out of bed.  I find myself thinking in terms of "After I walk her I'll .... oh, ya"   and "Oh, I'll just pop home and let the little one out ... oh, ya ... "

It is also quite strange to me how other dogs have reacted.  The Moose, I have been told, found a piece of little girl's fur Friday morning and was poking it around and worrying at it ... even before I texted TW, the Moose's person, to tell her what had happened.

A few other dogs I "know" have also instinctively known that something was wrong, and been much more gentle in their greetings to me, and much more attentive to me than normal. 

She was a sweet, sweet girl, and she will be missed.

Sweet Girl,
July 23, 1996 - April 15, 2011

7 comments:

  1. Loosing a pet family member is as difficult as loosing a family member. Hugs for you, and I hope you grab up another one soon. They make a difference in your life (as you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad the other pups are paying you some kind attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry! Here I am weeping at my desk for your Sweet Girl. What a beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss!! RIP Sweet Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss, sending you some hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca