Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Strong Enough

I wrote this a little while ago.  I e-mailed it to the Wolf in the wee hours this morning.


Strong Enough


You worry about my being alone so much, I think, and worry if I am strong enough to take you being away. 

I want to reassure you that I am strong enough.

I am strong enough to look after myself, and strong enough to admit that I need you in my life.

I am strong enough to be alone, and strong enough to admit that I am lonely … and strong enough to wait for your return.

I am strong enough to admit that while I want you in my life, I will survive without you.

I am strong enough to admit that I miss you, yet go on living, and making plans, and doing things, and growing as a person.

I am strong enough to go to a friend’s anniversary party and help them celebrate their togetherness, while acknowledging that I miss having you at my side.

I am strong enough to keep you in my heart, and know that this is the right thing to do.

I am strong enough to weep in the shower, and then get out, get dried off, and get on with life.

I am strong enough to admit I love you.  And strong enough to know that adds to my strength, it does not take away from it.
 

1 comment:

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca