Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Commitment ...

The wonderful woman who started the Operation: Cooking for Soldier On (OCFSO) (http://www.operationcookingforsoldieron.com/)  fundraiser threw a comment out about all the regional reps doing the Army Run (http://www.armyrun.ca/en/default.aspx)   in September.  I have been thinking about it since her comment, and finally committed last night "out loud" to her and a few others.  To the 5K one, not the 1/2 marathon!

I am totally not a runner, but I did download the Couch to 5K program, and completed my first work out this morning (5 min warm up, intervals of 1 min of running and 1.5 min of walking for 20 mins, then 5 min of cool down).  I worked up a heck of a sweat, felt pretty good after.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Through the magic of Wii Fit, I have discovered that I have also lost some weight.  Not much, and I am still a ways away from where I would like to be. Maybe now that I don't need a deployment ticker on the bottom here, I will add a weight loss one :o)  For the record, I would like to be about 150 lbs, and am currently sitting about 195.  The weight is a measure; I would like to be healthy, and fit better into my clothes (or even better, into new, smaller clothes!).  I really need to work on my cardio fitness.

SO, in addition to the other randomness you see here, you will also, hopefully, be getting fitness and weight loss updates.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I am not a runner, either, but DM is training for the Cleveland marathon in May, so I thought I'd sign up to the 5k run the previous day. 1 week of the C25K program down and already my runs are feeling like they are getting easier. I think we just found training partners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome ! We can be ticker buddies! I have one on MCF but I think I'll add one to my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca