Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The World Doesn't Revolve Around Me.

I know, I know, it came as a shock to me too; but the truth is, to quote Reba McEntyre “The universe does revolve around a single point, but [I’m] not it”.


I have this habit of thinking that everything that happens is somehow connected to me. OK, let’s be honest – I have this habit of thinking, especially, that everything bad that happens is my fault, or at very least in response to something I did.


For example, I am trying to re-schedule an appointment with my chiropractor, and her office is not calling me back. Are they mad at me? Did I do something to annoy them?


Another example: The Wolf is being grumpy – did I piss him off? Oh God, he doesn’t love me anymore! It couldn’t be the upcoming deployment weighing on his mind, DND time wasting and inefficiencies stressing him out, or the joys of living most of his life in temporary accommodations, dressing out of a rucksack, and eating mess hall food or in restaurants … nope, its all gotta be my fault. I must have said or done something to annoy him.


Yes, I realize how silly this all looks when I write it down.


So my new resolution: I will NOT take everything personally. I will accept things at face value, and not second guess everything, or try to read hidden meanings into things.


I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca