Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Fluff (Trifecta's Getting to know)


What is your name (real or otherwise)?   
I write as Basinah.  It is a name laden with meaning for me, but if I gave away the secret meaning, it would defeat the purpose of a nom de plume, non?

Describe your writing style in three words.  
Emotive.  Random.  Real.

How long have you been writing online? 
I have been blogging since August 2009.

Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
 None.  You are my first *blush*

Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. 
Continue to practice.  Submit to a forum where I will get honest feedback and constructive criticism, not simple praise. (Well Hello there!)

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? 
To write the first draft freely without judging, and edit later.

Who is your favorite author?   
How does anyone pick just one?  Patrick Rothfuss.  George R R Martin.  Vince Flynn.  So many I have not met yet ...  (my mom was a school teacher who became a librarian; a voracious appetite for books may be genetic)

How do you make time to write?
I spend a fair bit of time on the road, and I think; random thoughts swirl around the subconscious while my forebrain keeps me and others safe.  When the thoughts coalesce, I scramble for a keyboard or a piece of paper, and set them free.  They get edited and polished as time permits.

Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. 

hes·i·tate

verb (used without object), -tat·ed, -tat·ing.
1.
to be reluctant or wait to act because offearindecision, or disinclination: She hesitated to take the job.
2.
to have scruples or doubts; be unwilling: Hehesitated to break the law.
3.
to pause: I hesitated before reciting the next line.
4.
to falter in speech; stammer: Embarrassmentcaused the speaker to hesitate.


Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.
I found this a fascinating exercise.  As I read over some previous posts trying to pick one, many emotions washed over me. Especially touching to me was a post more than a year old where I was hurting, and there were comments from my beautiful Sarge Charlie, who has now stood down from his battle with cancer, and rests in a well deserved peace.
If you look at the "cast of Characters" page you will find links that will fill in some of the back story for you, but here, I am going to offer you this post; which upon re-reading now held a whole different meaning.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! Basinah! You're coming to play!!!

    I can't wait to play with you!

    Now I'm all misty ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all misty because you included the definition of the word you suggested. *swoons. Welcome!! So glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crows too. The mystery of birds. Listen and learn...

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca