Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I ♥ technology ...

Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately, peeps, I have been crazy busy with work.  I have a lot to share, just not much time to share it!

I managed to have 2 chats with Sebastian today - an MSN chat when I got up, just before he headed to supper, and a video chat tonight as he was getting ready for work, and I was chilling out before bed.

I love that he is in a place right now where he has access to high speed internet, and we can video chat.  The sound wasn't working well, so we went back to typing, but I could see his face, his expressions, his reactions to things.  I could look at him and know he is well, he looks happy enough, healthy.  I got to look around his room where he is now, see his "place", how he is living.  He got to see me, and the dogs.

And at one point as he was getting dressed, he was standing so that I could only see him from chest to just above the knee, and he was strapping on his side arm, thigh holster ... oh baby, get me a glass of ice water.  Not fair to do that when I am not going to see him for a while longer. I don't know what it was about watching him strap the holster to his leg, check the weapon, and casually sit back down again ... I don't think I have any bondage fantasies ... but it works for me!  Of course, I honestly don't think he even realized wht he had done.  Men.

The countdown is on to him being home for good.  For this round, at least.

He has been mentioning the Wolf lately,  and I don't know if it is out of an insecurity as the end of deployment approaches, or what is causig it.  It may just be because of where he is right now, which is where the Wolf spent the majority of his time.

So I realayed to Sebastian this little story tonight:

A friend is doing her Masters in Social Work, focussing on PTSD/OSI's effects on families & loved ones.  She asked me to write my story with the Wolf out for her, to summarize it, which I did.  And when I was done writing, I realized I was done.  I can comfortably put the incident in its box, and put it on the shelf.  It will always be with me, but it no longer has any power over me.  I am done.

And it feels really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca