Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Self control

If anyone knows where I might find some, please let me know ....

I like to support local agriculture, which means finances (and freezer space) are a bit tight this week.  See, my beef person and my lamb persona both killed a few weeks ago, so I have, counting part of a deer, a couple of turkeys, and some fish, close to 300 lbs of meat in my freezer at the moment.  And I should really only be buying essentials until next pay day.

It seems I need to re-define "essentials".

There is an awesome pewter and rock shop near my house, with a great section for beaders - lots of pewter and sterling beads and findings, plus an amazing selection of stones, in many shapes, sizes, and cuts.  I always spend too much money when I am in there. 

I convinced myself I could stop in today and only buy a package of lobster clasps I "needed".

Riiiiight.

I grabbed my lobster clasps, and then thought "Oh, I'll just take a look, get some ideas", and I saw this:


This is "Mookite"  or Mook Jasper, from Mooka Creek in Australia.  I knew nothing about it except I liked it, and was really drawn to it.  When I looked it up (just now!) it is said to have healing and grounding properties, and to be good for "moving on in life".   Hmmmmmm.

I also found these:



They were listed as "fusion goldstone" - fused regular and dyed blue goldstone is my guess.  They are 4mm size.  I bought 2 lengths (about 30" in total).  I think they will look quite nice when combined with a silver triskele that recently came into my keeping.

So much for my "just lobster clasps".

Sigh.

Guess I'm eating a lot of meat between now and payday.

6 comments:

  1. 300 lbs!!! OMG that is a lot of meat!!!
    On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to resist either, your new beads are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes do trades with craftsmen/artists and have come to collect some really great things like handpainted and hand stitched journels, silk screened scarves and felted ornaments.... anyways if you think you might want to do a trade talk to me :). I've started to love all the unuasal hand crafted bits that I've been able to get from arts people, really great treasures and stories so if you ever want to make a swap I'd love too!
    Cheers,
    ambersmith59 /MCF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mook's are great for self control (their magic element.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really interested in learning more about the stones and such. . . will you teach me oh wise one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Sarah - I have this wonderful source of info - its called "google" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful stone! I need to refocus my extra engery on using your wonderful sources to get some negative energy out of my life!

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca