Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'll be here.

"I'll be back"


            "I'll be here"


"I know you will"

~~~~~~~~~

S and I never said goodbye to each other - we always parted with the word above.  It was our "thing", the way all friendships/partnerships/relationships have their "things", their rituals.  I stemmed from deployment - good bye sounds so final, and its just superstition not to say it, I know lots of folks don't.  Everyone comes up with their own alternative.


I don't know why, but its been on my mind tonight.  I hope its still true.

2 comments:

  1. Have you made an attempt to reconnect? Just a 'hello, how are you?' thing? If it's too late for that, then you are just enjoying feeling hurt and lonely...IMHO. It may be that he is waiting an needing you but ego won't let him make the first move. If not, quit beating yourself up and move on. Life is just too short to dewll on 'what if.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had been talking, but there was an exchange today that sounded a lot like "goodbye". He says he misses me ... but he is still hurting too badly to let me in, and he is not sure if he will ever be able to.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca