Let me tell you, an M-777 Howitzer as a starter's pistol - that gets your adrenaline going (and if anyone in downtown Ottawa was trying to sleep in Sunday morning - sorry about your luck!)

I am not a runner. I will, in all honesty, likely never be a runner. But I will be back next year.
When you are with people who have given their all in battle, running beside people with no legs, most poignantly, you suck it up and, well, ... Soldier On.
I am truly proud to have stood in such great company for a morning.


I have spent my life around people who have disabilities, including one who has turned her life's work into advocacy. I have learned that we each get what we get, and we have to work with what we have. Some people's (like me) disabilities are well hidden on the inside. So I don't judge my accomplishments or my failures (and I'm definitely not saying you are) against anyone, not even my friend. We are, each of us, uniquely on our path, in my humble opinion.
ReplyDeleteThat said, there is something very moving about seeing people rise above. I'm glad you felt inspired.
karen
Bravo for you, my lady friend. They are inspirational, aren't they?
ReplyDelete