One aspect of that training is discussed in The Maple Leaf's interview with Major-General Michael Day, Deputy Commanding General – Army of the NTM-A forces and Canadian Contingent Commander.
One of the quotes in the article that stuck with me the most is:
About the Afghans, I’ve learned that they are unbelievably patient people. They have suffered for 30 years and yet they are still trying desperately to put their country on the right footing. That type of resilience is remarkable.How does that apply to the training mission? Well, the training mission is pretty simple. We have got to be patient because we are not going to get there overnight.
Full text of the article can be found here: http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/ml-fe/article-eng.asp?id=7114

No comments:
Post a Comment
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca