Crow reminds us to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity, to create our own standards, whether or not they match those of the world around us...It is said that in the courtship process the male crow's voice takes on a singing quality. This tells us what the basis of sacred law is. There is one unfailing principle by which we can test our principles, that of unconditional love.
Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Most Recent Visit
He is still having a bit of a hard time getting used to being back in Canada, and misses A'stan. It is getting better, but it is definitely still there. Things like the grocery store still bother him. But he has chilled out about the fact that a sniper could see into his kitchen. S'all good.
It did occur to him to make sure I understood that wanting to be back there does not necissarily mean he doesn't want to be here, or that he wants to go away from me. I do understand that, and told him he didn't have to worry about hurting my feelings. There are some things going on here, politics and posturing within the Regiment, that make life over there simple by comparison. It is the life he knew for so many months, it was, in some ways, much simpler. I get it.
I think that is one of the things that makes this relationship work well. He knows I won't judge him, and that I try not to read meanings into things he says. If I want clarification on something, if I think he means something more that what he has actually said, I will (usually) ask him.
Leaving to come home was hard, for me. I did, as always, manage to keep the tears in check until I had pulled away. He seemed confused by my sadness - I mean, he is staying "home" for a while, not going anywhere scary. He looked at me with confusion and said "But, you'll be back soon!", looking for an explanation of why I was holding on so tight. I couldn't, and still can't, put it into words, at least not words that he will understand. He is amazing at keeping the connection, staying in touch, including me in his life when we are separated by geography. But I still miss him when we are apart.
Sometimes, reality bites.
1 comment:
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca
I'm happy to read that dispite the readjusting crap, that things are going well for you.
ReplyDeleteOn a side note... I never connected M's desire to be back in Astan with tour issues, I just assumed it was because he hated this place so much... He had to do a lot of reassuring that it wasn't me, which I'm guessing didn't help the situation... my bad.