Crow reminds us to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity, to create our own standards, whether or not they match those of the world around us...It is said that in the courtship process the male crow's voice takes on a singing quality. This tells us what the basis of sacred law is. There is one unfailing principle by which we can test our principles, that of unconditional love.
Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
First Deployment Blues ...
I do not know any details of when/where/what yet, but it really doesn't matter. There have been a couple of articles lately on SpouseBUZZ ~ Do Some Deployments Count More Than Others? and Early Lessons in the Snowflake Phenomenon (which references THIS awesome post) which talk about how each deployment is different, with its own challenges and emotions.
I have been reflecting a bit on various deployments of loved ones I have expereinced. Obviously there are differences between the Wolf and Sebastian, differences between peacekeeping in Cyprus, mid 90's tours in the Balkans, protecting the apple harvest in Macedonia, or recent business trips to Afghanistan. The list goes on. Differences in who I was during these deployments, where I was in my relationship with the one deployed, and in my relationship with myself.
Snowflakes.
So after some thought and reflection, I offered to my friend the only words I could. I'm here. With a hug, a shoulder, whatever may be needed. It does not really matter where her son is going, what he will be doing. Her feelings are real, and her own, and I will be there for her no matter what.
Because no matter what else this life throws at us, we have each other. We have to.
1 comment:
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca
I'm here, too. Give her my email. Maybe I can put a smile on her face...or gas or something.
ReplyDelete