Crow reminds us to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity, to create our own standards, whether or not they match those of the world around us...It is said that in the courtship process the male crow's voice takes on a singing quality. This tells us what the basis of sacred law is. There is one unfailing principle by which we can test our principles, that of unconditional love.
Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...
Monday, August 16, 2010
because I needed something else ...
They caught the heart attack early, did their magic scans, found her right coronary artery was blocked 95%, and ballooned it open and put a stent in, all by the time I got home, got dad, and we made it to the larger medical centre they had transferred her to. There seems to be no damage to her heart muscle, so *IF* she behaves and listens to the lifestyle modifications they are recommending, and if her body does not reject the stent, all should be well.
While I was on the phone to my room-mate asking her to look after my dog for her and telling her what was going on, I got a "call waiting" from the Wolf's mom ~ just to let me know his plane was landing on Canadian soil ... oh, about an hour ago as I type this. Freaking yay.
So I am sitting here back in my home town, which is a hop, skip and a jump from the Wolf's parents' place ... good news is he won't be back here for at least a few more weeks, by which time I should be safely back where I live, which is at least less convenient for him.
We also haven't tracked my older brother down yet, since he is on holidays ... so for now I am dealing with this on my own. I hope he checks in soon, since he will need to back up the lifestyle modifications the doctors are recommending for my mom. She will not listen to me, but she will listen to him.
EDIT: I don't mean to make it sound like I am not glad the Wolf is home safe; I do not wish him ill, nor did I wish him to get hurt. I just really don't need to worry about him being home at the same time I am dealing with my parents.
4 comments:
I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca
I had a stent put in about 5 years ago. I lived.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't going to post about it, but we had to release my sister off a venelator today. She was more like my mom, and my best friend. She will be missed. Love your mom and dad as much as you can. Sorry, but I am feeling very mortal tonight.
I am in a similar boat, except 3 weeks further along, with my mom, only different organ. My mom is late-stage COPD (emphysema) and has refused treatment for years, part of an extreme martyr/self-hatred/denial thing that lots of smokers pull, apparently. But the COPD specialist told me my smoker is hardcore.
ReplyDeleteShe was on a vent, which scared the stuffing out of me and my sisters (lucky, all of us were available for the worst of it) and got off of it this time without a tracheotomy, lucky. She's young (72) but if she doesn't make big changes in her life, then this is the beginning of the end. Though she sounds like she's feeling better than she has in a long, long time, she's also talking about taking over medication decisions (ie. against doctors wishes, messing with doses, etc.) so it will likely be business as usual soon enough.
What is it about this summer?! I hope your mom makes good choices, and I hope she heals fast and well.
And hopefully all will be sorted before any other potential trouble comes up. Thinking about you in Vancouver.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) SO much going on. I send you my positive vibes K. <3
ReplyDelete