Not able to comment?? I ♥ comments ...

It seems Blogger is being a bit of a poop about publishing people's comments. If you would like to comment but are having trouble, please e-mail your comments to me, referencing the post title and including your preferred signature, to: wolfandcrowblog {at} yahoo{dot}ca (lower case, no spaces)

Monday, February 11, 2013

Lent ...

Lent kinda snuck up on me this year.  It didn't process until I got an e-mail today about tomorrow's pancake lunch at work.

Even thought I am a seriously-out-of-practice Catholic, I do try to give something up for lent every year, more as an act of self control than an act of faith or penance.

So what do I give up this year?

One of my friends posted this on FaceBook today:


How about that?

How about for the next 40 days (not counting Sundays - silly rule) I gently correct myself and re-route my thoughts every time I think about the Wolf, or Sebastian, or some of the scary what ifs.  How about I put away the reminders, the mementos, just until Easter, and try to move forward.

I'll let you know how it goes.  Or if I wimp out, and just stop drinking coffee instead.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's actually something worth giving up for Lent, of substance. May I politely suggest that you take it day by day, rather than one whole lent, which would mean that if you have a transgression you forgive yourself and move on.

    I feel like you've thrown down the gauntlet. I'm going to have to give something up too, something real, because this is one heck of a brilliant idea.

    Sadly I gave up coffee when my favourite machine pooped out on me two years ago, so I don't have it as a follow up. And I am unwilling to give up the Irish Whiskey I used to put in said coffee so ... hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm giving up Lent for Lent. Works well, I think. As for you going forward, I'll be like the dude with the broom on the Curling team...sweeping the road ahead for you. Smooth sailing. LYLT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an excellent idea, much more meta than the usual "I'm giving up chocolate" theme. I think you've just inspired me to do the same, give up on the negative thought processes that persist even in the good times.

    ReplyDelete

I can see from StatCounter that some of you are trying to comment, but those comments are not making it through. I was unable to comment on Blogs while using Internet Explorer; I had to switch to Google Chrome.
I love hearing your thoughts, and do publish everything that isn't spam.
If you are having trouble, you can also e-mail me: wolfandcrowblog (at) yahoo (dot) ca