John Conlee - They Also Serve
I was at an FSG Meeting (FRG in American) last night. We had our meeting and a wine & cheese in the Reginmental Mess at the Armoury. After they were done their tasks, the soldiers who were there came up and joined us, including the soldiers that were out on 3-08, and one soldier who leaves shortly for an African Country.
I was moved by how important thy felt what we do in the group, supporting each other and the families, was to them being able to do their job. We often, I think, feel we are doing it for each other, but it really does matter to them to know that thier families have a support. While we were still there, they planned an informal "Pub Crawl Night" as a fundraiser for our group ... but we weren't invited along ;-)
Bless the soldiers, bless the families.
And bless those boys last night for not leaving us any leftover food or wine to deal with! :o)
A soldiers motto:
ReplyDeleteNO FOOD OR BOOZE WILL GO UNEATEN, DRANK OR WAISTED.